Kernel update broke my system.

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun May 31 04:00:19 UTC 2009

On Sat, 30 May 2009 11:41:16 -0500, Bruno wrote:

> I have had grub get messed up several times during the F11 rawhide period.
> I still get the grub prompt though and know where the configfile is in
> grubspeak. So it's easy for me to fix. I haven't figured out what is causing
> it to do this. My suspects are using software raid, using livecd-creator,
> grub updates, kernel updates. I haven't seen strong correlation to any
> of these though.

Let's hope there's not much more crap in GRUB as found in
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/496093

Apply the patch that is attached there and see whether you still get only
a grub prompt after installing some kernel updates (the original ticket for
that issue is flooded with comments and hasn't lead to any findings).