hp pavillion laptop can't resume from suspend

David Lam david.k.lam1 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 10:54:16 UTC 2009

Basically, pretty much everything worked out of the box, except that I have
a completely blank screen when resuming from sleep....  anyone have any
ideas on the steps to take to fix this?

I installed the Fedora 10 Unity re-spin rather recently and my kernel is
2.6.27.21-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64

I tried following the discussion here
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=217274  and editing
/etc/acpi/events/video.conf,  but I encountered some bizzare behavior after
doing that as following a reboot,  my screen would lock up and I would be
forced to power off and power back on my computer... ( i think after hitting
the +/- brightness keys (?))    ...which then led to me sending an email to
the list