F11 - X forwarding display problem

John tuxfed at gmail.com
Sun May 31 12:22:53 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I recently installed F11 Preview (from live CD) on 2 of my laptops and I
cannot run X apps remotely from these machines anymore. I get a message
like: "(gedit:4221): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
localhost:10.0". That means that the app is running on the remote
machine (there's a PID) but I can't get the display on the local
machine. The F11 machines can successfully run remote X apps from any
machine that's not running F11. I've been looking for a solution for
several days and I'm getting desperate