make libcurl

Sharpe, Sam J sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com
Sun May 31 13:51:42 UTC 2009

2009/5/31 Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>:
> Sharpe, Sam J wrote:
>> # export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/latest
>
> That would actually be:
> export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0/
> or:
> export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib64/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0/

If you're going to be picky, then *actually* it should be:

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java (there is no /usr/lib64/jvm)

In both my cases, the links are deliberately independent of version.
The first is managed by the openjdk RPM to point to the latest
installed version, the last is managed by the alternatives system.

What I supplied originally is  JRE_HOME, rather than JAVA_HOME (on my
system both are the same because I don't usually have the SDK
installed) and I just blindly copied it out of my .profile

--
Sam