Banshee / RhythmBox and mt-daapd

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun May 31 21:55:13 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-31 at 22:24 +0100, Graeme Hilton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've setup up mt-daapd on my F10 server which contains my music
> collection of flac and mp3 files.
>
> On my rawhide install (I'll follow the F11 release path) I've got
> Banshee and RhythmBox both installed and want to use them to access the
> music collection via the mt-daapd server.
>
> On RhythmBox I can see the files on the server but there is no artist,
> album or track information beyond the filename.
>
> Banshee won't even see the mt-daapd server.  I think it's supposed to
> auto-discover the server, but it doesn't seem to work.
>
> Any one got any hints for me?
----
I don't know about banshee because I've never looked at it but mt-daapd
on my Fedora 10 server and Rhythmbox Fedora10/11 clients have no problem
getting the artist/album info/track info from mt-daapd or an iTunes
server. Are you sure the information exists in the files themselves?

Craig

believed to be clean.