[Xen-users] Re: How to Backup and Restore MBR within Logical Volumes?

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) space.time.universe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 10:10:18 UTC 2009

Hi,

I don't think I will be using the LVM snapshot method. I will simply ensure
that my domU is not running, then I proceed to do the losetup and kpartx
procedure. Subsequently I will backup the MBR of my domU by dd-ing
/dev/loopX and clone all the filesystems of the domU using fsarchiver.

I would like to use fsarchiver because it can support LZMA compression. LZMA
can compress better than bzip2 and decompress 3x faster than bzip2.
partimage only supports gzip and bzip2.

--
Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) Dip(Mechatronics) BEng(Hons)(Mechanical
Engineering)
Email: space.time.universe at gmail.com
Mobile Phone (Starhub Prepaid): +65-8369-2618
Street: Bedok Reservoir Road
Country: Singapore