No Flash/sound in F12 Firefox

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Mon Nov 23 12:01:53 UTC 2009

Marko Vojinovic writes:

>> > firefox-3.5.5-1.fc12.x86_64
>> > libflashplayer-10.0.32.18.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz
>>
>> Try this one:
>>
>> http://www.verisign.com/domain-name-services/find-registrar/index.html
>>
>> The flash on this page kills my Firefox, with the same plugin version that
>> you're running.
>
> Works for me. I am not sure what am I expected to see on the page and how does
> it fail for you, but I don't see any problem with it. Apparently, the page
> loaded, I browsed a bit here and there, don't see any problems. Firefox
> definitely does not crash itself by merely loading this page. Am I supposed to
> take some specific action to trigger it?

Nope. Just loading the page kills Firefox for me. There's some flash on that
page. It's definitely the flash plugin because after removing the plugin I
can load that page just fine.

A contributing factor may be privoxy, which I use. By itself, privoxy is
benign, of course, and has no effect,aside from cleaning up all the clutter.
One possibility, that occured to me, is the loaded flash code quietly
calling back to the mothership, which privoxy blocks; and with no checking
of the error path, flash is crashing.