FC11- getting message about 'battery broken'

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Nov 1 04:33:00 UTC 2009

Tim wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz:
>
>>> Now I did not get anything like this with FC10 on the system and it
>>> would run a number hours on battery.
>>>
>>> How do I check this out?
>>>

> Chris Tyler:
>
>> I means what it says: the battery is dead. Remember that the machine was
>> younger when you were running F10 on it ... the same battery condition
>> under F10 will produce that message too (I have a laptop which produces
>> it).

I really don't think the battery died in the 2 days from running FC10 to
running FC11.  Plus I was unplugged for 30min recently and the system
just kept plugging along.  We will see tomorrow how well it does on
battery....

> Or that Fedora 11 can't read the hardware properly that checks on the
> battery.  When I updated, 11 said all sorts of silly things about my
> battery, but it's fine.  e.g. It thought the battery was always fully
> charged, and didn't notice it discharging.  I have a multi-boot laptop,
> and it was easy to test with another OS.
>
> As for Robert checking his, if he has another OS, or still has a Fedora
> 10 installation, or a live disc, he can boot up one of them.  He might
> try updating Fedora 11, in case there's an update that improves reading
> the hardware.

I don't have another OS handy and the only live CD I have is for FC11.
And I am hopping on a plane tomorrow evening for 3 days of meetings in
Seattle, so anything I do, has to be quick and easy.

I DID apply the updates, but I am now downloading the everything
directory over my base and when that is done, I need to install OpenOffice.

And now I have another warning from I will post that separately not to
confuse threads.