How to list this data -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Nov 1 07:21:26 UTC 2009

On 31/10/09 20:42, Suvayu Ali wrote:
>> If it correlates with the Wildblue data, even approximately, it would
>> work for me. But then I have other computers in the house on this
>> system. Might be able to take data before the router with an eth. hub
>> perhaps?
>
> I am not sure whether vnstat can monitor something outside the box
> like a hub or a router. But if at your house all the traffic goes
> through one of the machines, then you can specify the interface to
> monitor with the option `--iface _interface_'.
>
> Good luck figuring this out :)
>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Bob

The information is still of interest to me even though it only refers to
my computers, all of which go through one switch. I am always interested
in knowing what part of the usage is mine. Presently I can only infer
that! We have five users on four computer [actually 2 more for a total
of 6 since I have three connected to the LAN]. The common point is the
Netgear wireless router located in a different part of the house.

Bob