Impossible to access boot menu

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:13:47 UTC 2009

Aioanei Rares <schaiba <at> gmail.com> writes:

> It is often a good idea to reboot after important updates...

Of course and indeed I HAD rebooted after each set of updates - the difference is
that if you power off and reboot then there is hardware resetting that is
different to rebooting but leaving the power on!

Today was the first time I shutdown AND powered off. Then started from cold.
This has a different effect to simply asking for a re-boot but leaving the power
running during the shutdown and subsequent re-boot.