Intel GMA 500 problems on Eee

Chris chris1.noreply at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 2 17:25:09 UTC 2009

2009/10/31 Colin Brace <cb at lim.nl>:
> As I mentioned above, the Eee boots the 2.6.29 kernel fine, Gnome comes
> up... only screen resolution is limited to 800x600 and there is no
> acceleration.

Can't help you, sorry, but you might find the wikipedia article interesting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA#GMA_500

To quote "Rather than being developed in-house, this core is a PowerVR
SGX 535 core licensed from Imagination Technologies. Since PowerVR is
not cooperative with the open source movement, this has resulted in
the dependence on outdated closed source Linux drivers."