New printer, need newer gutenprint for F10.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Nov 2 20:10:58 UTC 2009

On Monday 02 November 2009, Tim Waugh wrote:
>On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 09:33 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Given fedora's previously glacial acceptance of gutenprint
>
>What a strange comment.  Gutenprint-5.0.0 (the first stable release) was
>released on 30th July 2006, and built in rawhide three days later.
>Release candidates had been in rawhide for a few weeks already at that
>point.

I'll let the history stand on its own merits, Tim.  I had to build gutenprint
from the tarballs in order to be able to print at all in FC2, and again in
FC6, in order to get working, usable on a day in day out basis support for an
epson C-82 printer that was bought new in 2002.  My printer was in fact the
test bed printer for gutenprint-5.02 borderless operations.  Back then we
tangled, on this list I believe, because fedora was still shipping gimp-
print-4.2.6, which was by then (early FC6 days) 4, maybe 5 years out of date.

[...]

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

To any truly impartial person, it would be obvious that I am always right.