Fedora 11 x86_64, ATI HD4870, and RPM Fusion's Catalyst Drivers...

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 23:59:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 02:28:19PM -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 12:06:58 -0800,
>   suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The next month I am in the middle of something very critical, so can't
> > really play around, I need my system to stay up and running. I am even
> > holding off the F12 upgrade for this. Would testing with the F12
> > LiveCD and giving feedback based on that help? I could easily do that
> > without disturbing my current setup.
>
> I doubt you'd get the experimental driver package on any of the live images.
> So you'd need to make your own live image. That may be more trouble than
> it's worth.

Actually... the thing to do is to make a Live USB out of a Live image,
and then you can add/remove packages as needed.  A 2 GB USB key will
run you around USD $5-6 online and they're so handy to have around.

The nightly composes have Live images you can try out immediately, no
need to wait for the final release, even.  Have fun!