anyone install android 2.0 sdk on 64-bit fedora?

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Sat Nov 7 22:56:59 UTC 2009

On 11/07/2009 12:26 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> On 10/27/2009 01:52 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>    given the first release of android 2.0, has anyone out there
>> successfully installed that on a 64-bit fedora?  specifically, fedora
>> 11 or (hopefully equivalently) fedora 12 beta.
>>

> I have the emulator running. I have not compiled any applications yet
> though.
>
> Fedora 11 x86_64 machine. I do not have Sun Java installed.

I've just used Fedora Eclipse to compile and run a Hello World in the
emulator.  2 things:

I had to enable more than the default update sites in Eclipse.  I don't
recall what the default actually is, but I have the following now:

    * Fedora Eclipse JDT
    * Fedora Eclipse SDK
    * Ganymede Update Site
    * The Eclipse Project Updates

Configure the emulator for an SD card of at least 16 MB or you will get
an inscrutable error trying to start it.

Woogie