Wine or Fedora display problem?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Nov 8 02:58:10 UTC 2009

Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 08:30:34 +0800
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>

>> Is every Windows app known to work with wine?
>>

> Every app I've ever tried has NOT worked. I often
> wonder what I'm doing wrong. One thing I see
> a lot is that using the scrollbar appears to
> run the scrolled contents through a shredder.
> Dragging things leaves a wake in whatever I
> dragged over. In no time flat, windows are
> rendered unreadable.

That was my point.  I've had success with many simple apps under wine.
A few more "complex" ones.  Overall I would say mixed results.  So, I'm
not sure I'd expect something like Garmin MapSource to run....and I'm
not sure I'd expect many folks to have tried it.  I did go over the
"CrossOver" web site and noted they don't have that listed in their
compatibility grid.  FWIW, I wouldn't even pose the question "Fedora
problem?" in the same breath with trying something under wine.  :-) :-).

--
"My toys are all sticky." {nr} --Ralph Wiggum This Little Wiggy (Episode
5F13) Guess Who! http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7