Problems with yum update (iptstate)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Nov 12 02:07:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 13:42:42 -0800,
  Kam Leo <kam.leo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Those of you who object to HTML formatted messages can help this list.
> You can a) add a filter and delete them from your mailbox or b) not
> reply,  Doing both would be a "good thing".

Most of the time the posts are multipart. It is very rare for me to run
accross an html only post here. I have set my mail reader to not process
text/html parts, so I see text/plain parts in preference. Only if the message
has only text/html parts do I get to see tag soup.

I think that less than 1/3 of the cases (possibly more like 1/10) where
someone complains about someone using html in a post, do I actually see
html. This suggests that in most cases the posts are multipart.

For multipart posts it might make more sense to drop the non text/plain
alternatives at the mail server and leave it at that.

test/html only is more problematic. Rendering them is dangerous, bounces
are likely to get missed and just dropping them is likely to confuse or
anger people.