Please, I am a problem with network interface in fedora 11

Tait Clarridge tait at clarridge.ca
Thu Nov 12 14:53:10 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 13:49 +0100, paul van der meij wrote:
> I think you can influence the assignment of eth0 and eth1 by changing
> the
> HWADDR=<eth address> values in the config files
>      (/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 ..)
>
> paul

This will not work with NetworkManager (or at least it did not for me).
Editing udev would be best. Or even moving it so it rebuilds (I believe
it will automatically do this?).

I think the above config line only changes the mac address for the
interface. Meaning if udev sees the device as eth1 then it will not even
go for /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.