Affraid to Upgrade from FC9 to FC12

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Fri Nov 13 09:38:20 UTC 2009

<snip>
Most programs can be upgraded in-place. And I've seen a new package
completely replace an old package in a regular update.
> So what's the goal/point of upgrades?
</snip>

Point taken. I think it's something we've grown accustomed to with
cutting edge technology.
For me, I consider Fedora users very lucky because we have top notch
people handling virtually all of the nasties that can destroy a system
and we have choice, upgrade or not, either way the system keeps on working.

As for kmod-nvidia, I tried a Radeon video card but had no success, gave
up an went back to nvidia. Things have probably changed since but I'll
tackle that with F12 on a new computer some time.
Roger