Saving Flash

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 01:08:33 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 2:47 AM, Fennix <cn.stefan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why does no-one answer the question?

Well, this is the way things are with sincere Linux advocates. You put
Greenspan in one title, they bring out their axe and may well start a
fewd that's a thousand messages long to "teach you" to stop  your long
constant outrageous spamming. :)

> (Method 1)  If the browser being used is Firefox then adding something like
> FlashGot might work...

I got to Flashgot through my own research and it does save video (CTRL
+ F7), but on CBC's videos, it saves only the ads.

> (Method 2)  Right click on the link and copy to the clipboard.  Next open a
> shell and use wget <link> to retrieve the file.  If the link opens another
> web page I am not sure if this will successfully retrieve the actual video
> file...

Typically, this brings you to a file with javascipt instructions.
Doesn't work at the CBC. Thanks for trying!