Auto CAD drawings

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Nov 16 14:45:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:22:54 +0100
Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/11/16 Alan Cox <alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>:
> > On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:58:23 +0530
> > RAMAKISHOREBABU KOPPULA <rkbabu.koppula at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Is there any software available for fedora to open Auto CAD drawings?
> >
> > For DXF you can usually open them in qcad and in inkscape.
> >
> > --
> >
> Alan
>
> Autocad's user loves dwg format ;-)

Most of the people I know who deal with autocad file submissions from the
outside actually prefer not to accept DWG files because they never quite
feel confident that what appears the other end will match what was saved.

Mind you with DXF having a 600 dpi tiff of the drawing as a check
reference is a good idea as well. I've had funnies between qcad and
autocad where things like linesizes changed mysteriously or extra bits
appeared.

Alan