Changing GRUB

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 17 05:44:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 19:32 -0500, Linux Newbie wrote:
> When I turn my system on GRUB displays the message "Press any key to
> enter the menu" then a couple of blank lines and then the default OS
> and countdown timer.  I would like to remove the "Press any key..."
> and two blank lines and display just the default OS and countdown
> timer.  I looked in the grub.conf file and it's not there.  Does
> anyone know how to remove these three lines?

You could take away / comment out the "hiddenmenu" line.  That will
remove the hop, skip, and a jump, approach down to being just one page.
Though that page will be the menu of choices in a box, with a graphic
background.  You can change the graphic, if you want to.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.