run anaconda to install to second hard drive

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 17 05:50:48 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 22:15 -0700, idwsh6b02 at sneakemail.com wrote:
> I'm running F11 and I'd like to run anaconda to install another
> instance of F11 to a second (blank) hard drive in my system. I'd like
> to do it without rebooting. The second drive is removable.

Just to throw some other ideas into the ring, you could clone the
installed drive over to the second one.  Though, bear in mind that if
you're going to use this second drive to run Fedora on another computer,
there may be significant enough hardware differences between this
computer and that computer, that you need to do the install on the
computer it will run on.  That, or tweak it about.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.