trying to understand SELinux message

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 17 06:02:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 20:21 -0800, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
> I'm old-school Unix where the only way some things could be fixed was
> to su to root and it was just easier for big tasks to log in as root.

As has been pointed out, it's rarely necessary.  There's one area where
I a graphical root user is useful, mass file managing where you can't
use wild cards to do the job.  But you don't need to log in graphically
as root to do these things.  Find a decent file manager, not Nautilus,
then just start it off from the command line.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.