Saving Flash

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Nov 17 08:32:48 UTC 2009

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 16:14 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Ed Greshko wrote:
>>
>>> I did this on my CentOS 5 system since rtmpdump didn't compile under
>>> Fedora 11 and I didn't want to debug that.  And I then played it using
>>> mplayer.
>>>

>> Yes, I am a dummy....  I found the rpm for rtmpdump for f11....
>>

> Where? I don't see it for F12. I also note that the author seems to have
> received a DMCA takedown notice, instigated by Adobe.

FYI, it seems that rtmpdump has been succeeded by flvstreamer.  I didn't
search for an rpm since the tar just built.

https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/flvstreamer/

It may not work for all streams since it is "forked from rtmpdump v1.6
with encrypted rtmp and swf verification support removed".

FWIW, I think this topic has been exhausted.....

--
I AM NOT THE NEW DALAI LAMA I AM NOT THE NEW DALAI LAMA I AM NOT THE NEW
DALAI LAMA I AM NOT THE NEW DALAI LAMA Bart Simpson on chalkboard in