Anybody knows how to compile and install Ubuntu/Debian source packages on and for Fedora 11 x86_64?

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Tue Nov 17 14:33:13 UTC 2009

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
> The source package that I am interested in building and installing
> for F11 is here:
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/karmic/ufsutils
>
> After extracting the tarball, I could not find any configure script.

This doesn't have much to do with Debian/Ubuntu really, as they are
just packaging code they got from FreeBSD.  Poking the package source,
they use a shell script to pull the sources from the FreeBSD CVS tree:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/glibc-bsd/trunk/ufsutils/debian/upstream.sh

There is not a configure script (as many projects don't use one).  At
a glance, it looks like all you need to do is call make.  See the
Debian rules file, which covers the steps taken in the process of
building the Debian packages:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/glibc-bsd/trunk/ufsutils/debian/rules

I suspect you'll be able to find your way through that even if you're
not familiar with Debian packaging.

Abstainer, n.: A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying
himself a pleasure.