Alpine paragraph justification failing

Fennix cn.stefan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 18:13:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 1:49 AM, Beartooth <Beartooth at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 02:13:57 -0500, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
>        [....]
> > If not, you might have a curses problem (curses is the library that
> > handles "full screen" manipulations of text-based terminals).
>
>         Hmmm .... Dunno if it's relevant, but I absolutely never, ever,
> maximize a window, let alone use a full screen command. That frame of
> desktop background is what keeps me aware of which machine I'm on,
> without having to waste conscious attention on it.
>
> --
> Beartooth Staffwright, Neo-Redneck Not Quite Clueless Power User
> I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.
>

> --

Hi Beartooth,

FWIW, I really do think that Mr.(?) Redelmeier's suggestion is well worth
considering(and trying).  His suggestion is very interesting and seems based
on some in-depth understanding of linux and of curses as it is used by text
based shell programs.  If you try his suggestion and this does give a result
to confirms his idea of a curses problem you (or at least I have) learned
something more ...

Certainly I should think that alpine does use curses for writing to the
screen so his suggestion is not as wild as it might seem.  Probably he knows
something more than at least I do and I think this is worth trying to
confirm/refute....  I think other's suggestion (to follow?) would be more
specific to the alpine program and not to how is is set up to interact with
the O/S.

Your,

Fennix