fedora 12 tethering

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 15:37:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 02:00:52AM -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> How does one tether with a mobile phone with the new F12 features?
>
> It's mentioned in interviews with Mr. Frields that tethering is now
> "foolproof" except that I cannot find any mention of it in the F12
> release notes nor in any NetworkManager or gnome-bluetooth applet
> menus.

Simply click on the Bluetooth applet, and select "Setup new
device...".  Then follow the setup wizard.  At the conclusion, you'll
see a checkbox option for enabling network support through your BT
device, and if it supports PAN style tethering, it will show up
automatically in the NetworkManager list.