Urgent Help Needed for Boot Problems After Data Restoration

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Wed Nov 18 21:10:22 UTC 2009

On 11/18/2009 12:03 PM, Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:58 AM, Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)<
> space.time.universe at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Thank you all for your assistance. I have finalized my data backup/cloning
>> and restore scripts.
>>
>> You may refer to the backup and restore scripts at the following links.
>>
>> My final data backup script:
>>
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2009-November/msg01443.html
>>
>> My final data restore script:
>>
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2009-November/msg01444.html
>>

> How can I automate grub re-install in a data restore script? This is not
> possible with an interactive grub prompt/session.

"grub --batch"?  The info page suggests:

      #!/bin/sh

      # Use /usr/sbin/grub if you are on an older system.
      /sbin/grub --batch <<EOT 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null
      root (hd0,0)
      setup (hd0)
      quit
      EOT

Would that work for you?
-          su -; find / -name someone -exec touch \{\} \;            -
-                          - The UNIX way of touching someone        -