F12 failed to update F10

Aaron Gray aaronngray.lists at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 18 22:54:43 UTC 2009

2009/11/18 Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>:
> On 11/19/2009 02:43 AM, Rick Stevens wrote:
>> On 11/18/2009 12:23 PM, Aaron Gray wrote:
>>> FYI
>>>
>>> I had to reinstall F12 from scratch after it failing to boot on an F10
>>> update.
>>
>> IIRC, it is not recommended to skip versions with update or preupgrade.
>> In other words, F10-->F12 isn't supported.  F10-->F11--F12 would be,
>> with an intermediate stop at F11.
>
> I don't think that's the case. Fedora 10 - Fedora 12 *should* work fine.

It did the little filling up icon, then the Fedora icon, then blank
text screen with two flashing cursors at the beginning of the first
two lines, then a single cursor, no disk activity. A ctrl-alt-del did
a normal shutdown. Tried a few times and thats as far as I got.

Installing F12 from scratch worked fine though, though I lost my GIT
server setup, and other misc things :(

Aaron