cheap kvm-to-vnc box?

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Thu Nov 19 17:00:56 UTC 2009

On 11/19/2009 08:32 AM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> Can anyone recommend an inexpensive kvm box (keyboard/video/mouse)
> that maps to a vnc session, to provide remote console control of a
> server?
>
> - Mike

I prefer the Lantronix Spider for single server KVM over IP.
There are models for either USB or PS/2 connectors for Keyboard and mouse.

Surf to Lantronix.com and search for spider for more detailed info.

Or google for "Lantronix Spider" for prices.  Today, I saw prices
ranging up from $250.00 US.

The best part about the Spider, is the idiot proof web interface for the
console.  Even managers can do it!

Hope that helps.