low res after F12 upgrade

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 19 18:28:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 19:29 -0500, Todd Denniston wrote:

> You mentioned being able to "restore my F11 system from backup".
> Did that backup have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf file?

I tried this too. Installed the old xorg.conf file from F11. Still NO
JOY. If the external monitor is connected, it won't do anything better
than 800x600. This is a show stopper for me, I will have to go back to
Fedora 11 unless I can find a way to disable the broken auto-probing of
the external monitor and just force it to use 1024x768. There are no
monitors I ever connect to that can't handle at least this resolution,
so it should be safe if I can figure out how to do it.

--Greg