liveusb-creator -

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 22:35:13 UTC 2009

Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> writes:
>    LiveUSB creation failed!
>
>    Unknown filesystem for %s. Your device may need to be reformatted.

If you haven't already done so you may want to start from the beginning
and assume the usb stick has trash for a disklabel and needs to have
that rewritten also.  Then you need to mark it as ext3 and finally
mkfs.ext3 the partition.

Simplest way to do all the above is to yum install gparted, have it
delete any partitions it finds.  Then have it create a label with one
partition that spans the whole drive, label it as ext3 and format as
ext3.  (I just needed to do that for an f12 install on a dvdless
netbook.  Don't ask me why the liveusb creator doesn't just do all
that. It isn't likely that many folks installing a Linux OS for the
first time are going to be able to figure out all the above.)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
If the airwaves belong to the public why does the public only get 3