Saving Flash

Howard Eisenberger howarde at gmx.net
Fri Nov 20 05:44:44 UTC 2009

On 2009-11-19, Marcel Rieux wrote:

> Go to page:
>
><http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/passionateeyeshowcase/2009/thewarning/>
>
> Scroll down to below the screen:
>
> Watch Full Episodes Online
>
> (...)
>
> The WarningHidden story of the economic meltdown reveals early warning
> signals that might have prevented it all from happening.
>
> If you click this link, you will get the video.

"I was wrong". I missed that. On the right-hand side of the page
and the video plays in the small Flash player above the link.
Works here with Adobe Flash 10 on Debian and Solaris 10.

> But if you click the link "Watch full episode of The Passionate Eye",
> you get to:
>
> http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/The_Passionate_Eye

The new CBC video player. The only way I can get it to work is to
run the browser and Flash under wine.

Far from ideal, but either way, I was able to capture the video
with TubeMaster++ (java) while the video was playing.

Howard E.