Another preupgrade disaster -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Nov 20 21:50:37 UTC 2009

    I ran preupgrade on an up-to-the-minute-updated F11 system.
    Everything seemed to proceed normally until I "rebooted."

    Even then it looked good until an error message came up:

        Upgrade root not found

        The root for the previously installed system was not found.

        Exit Installer [Button]

    Don't know what that means. Why does it want the "root" for the
    previous system?

    The system restarted F-11 after I clicked "Exit Installer."

    It appears that I have all the F-12 files downloaded somewhere in
    this box, I haven't looked, but it seems there ought to be a way to
    finish.

    Now I have looked and all the files are there, more than a gig of rpm's
    and I can continue to run preupgrade and it finds those downloaded
    files
    but still produces the same error.

    If I could repair whatever seems damaged it seems it ought to work?.

    What do I need to do now?

    Bob