preupgrade disappointment....

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Nov 21 00:38:55 UTC 2009

This is just an FYI, IMHO note.

I did a fresh install of F12 on one system without incident.

I did a preupgrade of a fully updated F11 system also without incident
but not without disappointment.

I would have expected that features that are installed by default on a
fresh F12 install would also be installed especially when the result is
an improved experience.  I found that yum-presto was not installed.  Had
I not known that a fresh install had it I may not have known.

I just think that when features are installed by default on a fresh
install they should also be included in an upgrade.

FWIW, I did file a bugzilla.

--
If I don't see you in the future, I'll see you in the pasture. Guess
Who! http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7