F12 FreeCell?

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sat Nov 21 23:15:16 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 09:05:01AM -0500, Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
>      Hello,
>
> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 22:40:10 -0600
> > Steven Stern wrote:
> >
> >> yum install gnome-games-extra
> >
> > But watch out for the new card face images - you'll think
> > your video driver is broken or maybe that you are going
> > blind.
>
>   Yeah, I don't want to offend the artist, but that's exactly how I felt, too.
>
> > I've been copying:
> >
> >   /usr/share/gnome-games-common/cards/bonded.svg
> >
> > from old release to new release for a while now.
>
>   Yeah, me too, at least since upgrading from F10 to F11.

Have you tried Pysol that is now available in F11/F12? It has many more
games than freecell as well as many more card faces and card backs
available. I think (purely personal opinion) it's also more attractive.

FYI, in F11 there's a python (tkinter, or some such) bug that prevents
it from working right. I found a couple of trivial patches for it somewhere,
I think on fedora bugzilla, or some such place, that allow pysol to run.
("patches for it" means for the python/tk/whatever bug, not pysol.)

Fred
                       I can do all things through Christ
                              who strengthens me.