f12 yum/rpm commands to list all dependencies on a library

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Sun Nov 22 02:07:14 UTC 2009

On f12 I see a package called oprofile-gui depends on the qt3-3.8b rpm.

What command(s) can I run inside a local repo (where all the rpm
packages are) that will tell me how many f12 "Everything" packages are
still using qt3?

What command(s) can I run for the locally installed package set that
will tell me how many packages are still using qt3?

I have a project that I am porting to x86_64/qt4 and would prefer not to
mix the two subsystems on my development machine.

The /etc/profile.d/qt* files are currently pointing the default QTDIR,
QTINC, QTLIB, and PATH variables at qt-3.3 locations even though I've
installed qt-devel which is qt-4.5.

---
John