flash player in F11

Amadeus W.M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 22 13:31:26 UTC 2009

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 20:15:01 -0800, Greg Maruszeczka wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 03:05:43 +0000 (UTC) "Amadeus W.M."
> <amadeus84 at verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> I have been happily using 64 bit flash player on a 64 bit F11 and
>> suddenly, after today's updates it simply disappeared. Firefox doesn't
>> think it has flash installed. But it's there, of course. What happened?
>> Anyone having this problem?
>>

> How did you 'install' it?
>
> I had the .so in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins but discovered that the latest
> FF seems to look in /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins instead. Symlinking it to
> that folder did the trick in my case. Maybe this will help you as
> well...
>
> HTH,
>
> GM

That did it. I put the 64-bit libflashplayer.so in
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins and it worked.

Thank you very much.

Something that worries me is that I got the 64-bit libflashplayer.so from
here

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/libfl
ashplayer-10.0.22.87.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz

back when I installed F11. Now that link seems dead. I keep the tar.gz
file around so I can reuse it but that's not the permanent solution. Is
there a standard location for downloading the 64-bit libflashplayer.so ?

After the few google hits on 64 bit flash I arrived at this link:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

but that seems to point to a 32-bit flash version. Where can I find an up-
to-date download page for the 64-bit flash plugin?

Thanks!