F12 upgrade needs more space for /mnt/sysimage/boot

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Sun Nov 22 17:45:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 03:36:25 -0200, Germán Racca wrote:
	[....]
> I did the following. Before starting with preupgrade, I removed all but
> the last F11 kernel (this to save space on /boot). But nevertheless,
> after reboot it said that it needed 0MB of space. Here I did what
> someone said in a post some minutes earlier: I moved
> System-map-{kernel-version}, config-{kernel-version} and the efi
> directory onto / to free more space on /boot and then tried again. This
> time it completed the upgrade successfully.

	I did all those things, on three PCs and a laptop, with no joy;
noticed that a packagekit update updated preupgrade; tried again; still
no joy.

	On some machines, if I'm quick enough, I can make it try the
install, whereupon it launches anaconda -- but still fails with the same
old space complaint. (If I'm quick enough: timeout in grub.conf is set to
25 seconds; but it disregards that, and barely flashes.)