could the "missing codec" redirection be more informative?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Nov 23 00:35:10 UTC 2009

  on a fresh (and barely configured) f12 system, i tried to view my
first online .wmv file and was redirected here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageKit_Items_Not_Found#Missing_Codec

which is moderately informative in terms of telling me what the
problem is, but utterly useless in terms of telling me how to fix it.

  yes, i realize the issues surrounding codecs, but would it be unduly
difficult to add to that section some advice on where to *find* such
codecs?  you know, point readers at rpmfusion or some such?  is that
not a legally acceptable thing to do?  because that's *exactly* the
sort of thing that will drive newcomers to fedora totally nuts.

rday