Does f12 bind take a long time getting up to speed?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 23 14:39:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 07:55 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I notice that ntpdate (the first service that does a DNS lookup
> after named starts) takes a long time, and sometimes fails with
> "temporary failure of name resolution".
>
> If I disable ntpdate, the next service in the list to do
> a DNS lookup (stunnel in this case) sometimes fails the
> same way.

This sounds suspiciously like the old problem that Fedora 7 (?) had,
where the network comes alive far too late, much later than various
services that need the network up and running.  Is your network active
before it tries to start those services?

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.