NVIDIA under F12

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Mon Nov 23 17:53:50 UTC 2009

On 11/22/2009 11:43 AM, Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to compile latest nvidia drivers for a GEFORCE 8600 GTS under
> F12, but it doesn't work and the log isn't very verbose.
>
> Has anyone succeed to do this ?
>
> BR

Just finished installing the drivers from rpmfusion. There are some
notes there about dealing with the nouveau driver so modprobe doesn't
give it pre-emption, and running a command to keep Selinux from killing
the nvidia driver. Did that and installed the akmod-nvidia driver, which
pulled the xorg-nvidia package and one other, and it worked fine.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA