bug in usb_modeswitch

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 24 00:43:44 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 19:28 +0100, Antonio M wrote:
> how do I report a bug against it if not included in package list in
> bugzilla???

As general advice:  If you want to report a bug against something, but
you don't know what package it belongs to, you can go through the
following steps:

Assuming you had a problem with "locate," you'd use the "which" command
to find out what binaries are actually involved.

  [tim at gonzales ~]$ which -a locate
  /usr/bin/locate

That'll list which "locate" files are on your system (there may be more
than one, in different paths).  Then you'd use the "rpm" command to find
out what package owns it:

  [tim at gonzales ~]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/locate
  mlocate-0.21-1.fc9.i386

Now you have the package name for what it comes from.  And that's the
package you'd make a bugzilla report about.  Although, strictly
speaking, the bugzilla reports are about source packages (the source for
that compiled package).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686