Omega 12?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 24 19:42:43 UTC 2009

On 11/25/2009 01:10 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> On 11/24/2009 11:47 PM, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>>> Is new Omega 12 (Fedora remix/respin) finished?
>>
>> Not yet. I am waiting to roll in the initial set of updates to get a
>> solid release.
>>
> Bravo! I haven't looked at Omega in some time, is there any thought of a
> spin for 8.5GB DVD-DL which are getting cheap now? I say this because it
> would reduce the net traffic on install, and also because 8GB thumb
> drives are pretty cheap, and are an obvious target installing quickly.

Well for this release, I have been planning to target 1 GB thumb drives
and including Openoffice.org etc out of the box. Live CD is kinda
getting too cramped to be useful at this point.

> Is there an RSS feed, or mailing list, rather than bugging you and/or
> checking all the time?

I announce it via fedora-announce list. Other than the simple website, I
haven't had time to setup any infrastructure for it.

Rahul