Is F12 ready to upgrade ? Is it worth it ?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Nov 25 17:20:52 UTC 2009

On 11/25/2009 05:13 PM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> I'm perplexed by the posts I am seeing regarding F12 upgrades.  Lots of
> upgrade issues and darn faint praise as far as I can tell ?

AFAICT, almost all of the upgrade issues are related to preupgrade
demands on /boot's sizes ;-)

> I was expecting a totally different response.
Except of the usual issues related to FC12 shipping older packages than
FC11 and the usual side effects of other packaging bugs, for me
upgrading from FC11 to FC12 went comparatively smooth.

> Is F12 stable enough to warrant upgrading to it ?
So far, I haven't had many issues. Actually to me, current FC12 appears
more stable than last week's FC11 before upgrading.

Of course, YMMV.

> Is it a worthwhile upgrade at this point ?
I would say so, yes, it is worth it.

Ralf