TRIUMPH! Re: Upgrading : give me strength ...

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Fri Nov 27 21:04:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 20:12:38 +0000, I Beartooth wrote:
	[....]
> 	I tried it in PC #3, which is *not* nearly so expendable, and
> noticed this time that when it gets to partitioning, one choice is to
> "replace existing linux installation" -- which might mean putting either
> an upgrade or a fresh install into the space now used. What became of
> the choice we used to have??
>
> 	Btw, I also find, every time I hit the partitioner, it refuses to
> let me increase /boot beyond 200 MB.

	I gave up for now on PC #3, and tried the same DVD-RW in PC #2.
It did hit a choice of upgrading, which I took -- whereupon it hung. I
let it go a long long time, thinking it might yet manage, then finally
hit Ctrl-Alt-Bs. There were two messages there saying that 30-second
timeouts had been exceeded, and one admitting failure.

	I hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete, and it restarted Anaconda -- but went yet
again only to the screen without the upgrade option. <sigh>