Faxing suggestions

Frantisek Hanzlik franta at hanzlici.cz
Sat Nov 28 01:24:12 UTC 2009

Gary Stainburn wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> For the first time in ages I'm setting up a network fax facility.
>
> Last time I did this I used hylafax, but doing a yum search doesn't show this
> any more.
>
> Before I start looking any deeper, are there (better) alternatives out there?
>
> The plan is to the PBX's at each site to redirect all incoming faxes to a
> single PC on that site, which will then receive these incoming faxes and then
> forward them, probably using SMTP to a central web server for archiving and
> user retrieval.
>
> At the moment I'm not looking at sending faxes, but may do in future.

Hylafax is IMHO still best faxing solution with many clients supporting
it. But Hylafax was forked, and its version at Sourceforge called
Hylafax+ ( http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/ ) is maybe better than
original version at http://www.hylafax.org/ (at least releases are
more frequent).
Both sites have hylafax as Fedora .rpm and .src.rpm too, and isn't
problem compile these under Fedora.

Franta Hanzlik