Macbook pro not bootable after f12 install

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 02:35:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Matt Morgan <minxmertzmomo at gmail.com>wrote:

> Installing onto a macbook pro (an older one--a core duo, not core 2,
> with ati x1600 radeon) from a live cd results in an unbootable disk.
> Any suggestions?
>
> In this case I took all default install options except that I told the
> installer to use the entire disk.

I tried a lot of different install options and couldn't get around this.
Using ext 2 or 3, putting the bootloader on the MNR instead of /boot, etc.
It was all the same either way.

Finally I wanted to make sure it wasn't the computer, so I installed Ubuntu
9.10, which went without a hitch.

What are my options here? I'd rather use Fedora than Ubuntu but dual-booting
just to make the disk bootable is not worth it.

Thanks,
Matt