Fedora and USB ??

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Nov 29 17:44:11 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-29 at 12:18 -0500, Jim wrote:
> On 11/29/2009 11:26 AM, Sam Sharpe wrote:
> > 2009/11/29 Jim<mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net>:
> >
> >> FC12
> >> What Config files in /etc have to be setup for using USB devices ?
> >>
> > None.
> >
> > --
> > Sam
> >

> Now I realize I should have phrased that differently.
>
> What I'm trying to do is connect to my cell phone , a Motorola Droid.
> it shows up in /proc/bus/usb/devices.
>
> I'm using a Application from the Fedora 12 repo. "moto4linux".
>
> Should the  phone be set up some where in /etc showing the  Product
> ID:Vendor ID ?
----
you are being incredibly vague.

I just got the same phone and plugged it into my USB and it listed all
pertinent information in /var/log/messages - not that it was really
necessary...

if what you want is to be able to transfer files from you Linux system
to the SD card on the Motorola Android, you need to 'allow' it on the
Android by tapping the USB symbol in the status bar once you have
connected it to your computer and choosing 'Mount'  If you don't choose
'Mount' - it only will charge your phone but will not allow a computer
to access the storage

Craig

believed to be clean.