Default keyring for NetworkManager

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 00:43:19 UTC 2009

On Sunday 29 November 2009 20:35:51 Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> > So, given that I have autologin set up, it *can* be done. I push the
> > power button on my laptop, wait until the system settles down, and I am
> > logged in, connected to wireless, ktorrent and openvpn are already
> > working, and all is well. The problem was just to move that "default
> > keyring" thing out of the way. This was solved by making it accept an
> > empty password.
>
> How do you make it accept an empty password?

I'm writing this from memory, as I deleted seahorse already and cannot start
it up.

First install seahorse. Then start it. The UI is not quite intuitive, but you
should basically see one line in the main part of the window representing the
default keys stuff (in my case it was the only line available). Click on it,
and then find something like "properties" or similar. In there you will find an
option to change the password. It will open a dialog asking for the old
password, and the new one (twice). Type in the old password, leave blank fields
for the new one. You should get an "are you sure" type of warning, but it will
accept it on if you insist :-). Close seahorse and uninstall if you wish.

That should do it.

Best, :-)
Marko